Elven Religion

The thousand threads
Mister Moe

Hi folks,

I just started playing an elven character. As the rest of the group consists of convinced Sigmarites, religion is an issue. But I do not find any information on the elven gods. Neither in the core rules nor in those sourcebooks I know is anything on elven religion.

Anyone with a hint or an idea?
Karanthir

I don't think there has ever been a full description of Elven religion given in an official source. The Tome of Salvation has a couple of pages, including a list of the gods worshipped by both High Elves and Wood Elves. Otherwise, it's just scattered references here and there. The various WFB High Elves Army Books probably have some details, but I'm not sure how much.

If you don't mind fan-created material, The Book of the Asur has a section of Elven Religion, which I think is mostly based on official sources. It was created for third edition, but the background is edition-neutral:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78tEy ... sp=sharing
Knight of the Lady

And the Seeker came to the Winds of Chaos and sought wisdom, lo and behold there was a link. and in that link there was the wisdom the Seeker sought.

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Elf_pantheon

EDITED: I think the later army books of the Dark, High and Wood Elves will have the desired information as opposed to the Empire-centric RPG supplements.
Karanthir

Bleh, I always go to Lexicanum when I need quick info, but didn't even think to check/recommend it this time. It's been a long week!
Mister Moe

Thank you two for the links. I will check them out.
I have no access to the tabletop army books and am far too tight-fisted with my money to buy them, so this will not be an option :)

Edit: Checked. Awesome stuff. Thanks, guys!
Karanthir

No problem, happy to help!
Thor

We covered some wood elf religion in the fan supplement Defenders of the Forest for 2nd edition.
Rangdo

Thor wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:20 pm We covered some wood elf religion in the fan supplement Defenders of the Forest for 2nd edition.
Yup. Here. Essential if you're playing an Old World Elf, IMO.
Mister Moe

Thanks! The "Book of the Asur" only deals with High Elves. I'll have a closer look tonight :)