Lore of Life

The thousand threads
INSANE

Hello,

I am new here in the forum and what brought me here were some questions and thoughts about the Lore of Life.

When a player in one of my campaigns recently decided to play a Jade Wizard, I took a closer look at the spell list for the first time in years. I was surprised to find that there is only one healing spell and that it can only be applied to the wizard themself.

I also play Total War: Warhammer (I + II) and there are directly two spells that can heal other units. Of course I'm aware that in other Lors, too, the spells of Total War and WFRP may differ a lot.

Or is it a question of balancing? Would a Jade Wizard be too strong if his spells could be extended to the whole party?
Should healing spells be reserved for divine lores and Earth Blood and Healing of Hysh be exceptions?

Of course, Earth Blood is one of the most powerful healing spells because you can safely heal up to 10 wounds. But the fact that there is no second healing spell that also affects other characters, I find somehow inappropriate for a Jade Wizard.

I am curious about your thoughts on this and look forward to your answers!

Best Regards
INSANE
Hyarion

1) Priests of any religion can cast Petty Magic (Divine) Blessing of Healing.
2) Wizards of the Light College can cast Healing of Hysh
3) Shallayan Priests specifically can cast Cure Wounds
4) Priests of Sigmar can cast Healing Hand.

Making healing too common would obviate the need for Barber Surgeons, Herbalists, and other such careers. In keeping with WFRP's gritty/grim feel, the designers wanted damage to feel significant and not have easy methods of healing. I don't see a problem with the decision to not have a healing spell in the Lore of Life.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Knight of the Lady

Hyarion wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 am 1) Priests of any religion can cast Petty Magic (Divine) Blessing of Healing.
2) Wizards of the Light College can cast Healing of Hysh
3) Shallayan Priests specifically can cast Cure Wounds
4) Priests of Sigmar can cast Healing Hand.

Making healing too common would obviate the need for Barber Surgeons, Herbalists, and other such careers. In keeping with WFRP's gritty/grim feel, the designers wanted damage to feel significant and not have easy methods of healing. I don't see a problem with the decision to not have a healing spell in the Lore of Life.
What you write naturally makes sense. But I would personally consider taking away the Sigmarite healing and giving Lore of Life another healing spell for other characters. From what you wrote the Lore of Sigmar does not, in my opinion, really need two healing spells and it makes much more sense that the Jade Wizards are more proficient in healing than Sigmarite priests.
Hyarion

That's quite reasonable. I'd probably either move Healing Hand to the Lore of Life and/or allow Earthblood to also apply to the caster.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.