Greenskin Shamans

The thousand threads
Mister Moe

Hi folks,

I'd like to get some inspirations on Orc antagonists for my players. In my eyes Orcs should be fearsome warriors and horrible foes. The core rules define them as harmless green troublemakers, right for a little encounter to cheer up the PCs on a long journey on the road, but nothing to really worry about.

Defining a strong orcish warrior is easy, but what about magic users / priests, the shamans? Is there anything like a sourcebook for greenskin shamans? It would be far too boring to simply puzzle together some of the human priests' capabilities for shamans. I like the exploding heads of Warhammer tabletop :twisted:
Wyrmslayer

There's a thing with the greenskins,that the shamans are more powerful when in the vicinity of bigger numbers. So, one that's taken to surrounding himself with snotlings to up his power. Whether it should or not, the power of orcy belief makes it true enough, for him. Or has taken the next step to draping himself with the corpses of snotlings, or the skulls of the regular greenskins. The whole alive or dead bit could be similarly massaged with that power of belief.
I quite liked some old 40k weirdboy minis based on Paul Bonner art. Where they were reluctant to perform lest their heads explode, so they were trussed up and/or wrestled into use by some big green chaps, and aimed like a cannon. Could combine all that, with a hogtied shaman covered in cavorting snotlings, with some kind of herder orc wielding a shaman-poker.
Bitsa

There are greenskin shaman careers etc in the Old World Bestiary
Mister Moe

Right, they are, thank you. But the Divine Lore (Spirit) is rather thin, and the stats for Orcs and even Black Orcs are thus that they prove no real thread to PCs. If this is all Games Workshop (or who ever owns the rights) can show up with, I will need to be creative. That's going to be fun.
Bitsa

Ah, have a look at RoS 1e, it has what you're talking about - Waaagh!, exploding heads, the lot. I think all you'd need to use it in 2e is convert the spell levels to casting numbers...(?)
Jackdays

Check out my site - WFRP2 Rules - Codex Greenskins

That might give more ideas, careers to make Greenskins more powerful...etc.

Kalevala Hammer - WFRP2 Rules
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

kalevalahammer@gmail.com
www.kalevalahammer.com