Criticals

The enemy lurks in shadows
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

And Cap, great discussion of the problems inherent in the 4e crit system. I can’t think of anything in there I disagree with, and it’s shaped my thinking quite a bit. Whoever has the license for 5e should hire you.
CapnZapp

Thank you. Be sure to tell us when you have a draft of the complete rule ready for feedback :)
Clint

Remember not to overcomplicate things. Regarding the many dice rolls with a crit is scored, we, at my table, use the original location where the hit was scored, for the critical hit too. Thats one less roll and it makes more sense anyway.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Clint wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:39 pm Remember not to overcomplicate things. Regarding the many dice rolls with a crit is scored, we, at my table, use the original location where the hit was scored, for the critical hit too. Thats one less roll and it makes more sense anyway.
Not overcomplicating things is my primary goal -- you guys will have to let me know how I do. I'll leave determination of hit locations out entirely and just do the effects themselves.
Nibbler

Sorry for necroing an old thread, but I was wondering how the damage works for the minor criticals. Is it flat damage or is it added to weapon damage + SB?
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

It’s Wound loss, so directly off Wounds without consideration of Toughness or Armor. I totally forgot I was working on this, maybe it’s time to dust it off and give it another look.
SigmariteOrWrong

Thinking of Tinkering Bleeding to delay quick bleed-out.

Ideas include....
Characters loos a single wound every (TB minus Bleeding Conditions) rounds.
or
An Endurance Roll at Rounds end can reduce a single bleeding condition. (This occurs after wound loss associated with Bleeding).