Weird Nights at the Wolfshead

The enemy lurks in shadows
skerrigan

I wrote a 5 page WFRP 4e adventure (well, more like adventure concentrate that needs water/GM prep) called Weird Nights at the Wolfshead for the Reddit WarhammerFantasyRPG 5 page writing competition. It's available here.

It's kinda Sapphire & Steel or the Shining meet Rough Night at the Three Feathers. Hope you enojy,

Stuart
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
Theo

Looks like a very interesting adventure. Thanks for sharing! :)

I'm a little confused, though: on page 2 it says:
At some point in the adventure the Characters may either have an idea of what is going on, or refuse to participate in the charade before them. At a dramatic juncture the derelich, Herr Wulf, manifests himself (see page 5) and talks with them.
However, page 5 of the PDF only contains NPC descriptions. Is there a section missing?

Also, I'm not sure I quite understand the setup. "Herr Wulf" "creates" the manifestations, but obviously he didn't invent them since they are events that happened and he doesn't understand them. Are they originally some sort of psychic imprints - like memories in the walls, so to speak - or does he observe different times simultaneously and thus sort of saw them when they happened?
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Congratulations on winning the contest, Stu!

https://www.reddit.com/r/warhammerfanta ... _fivepage/
skerrigan

Theo wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 am At some point in the adventure the Characters may either have an idea of what is going on, or refuse to participate in the charade before them. At a dramatic juncture the derelich, Herr Wulf, manifests himself (see page 5) and talks with them.
This is a reference to his NPC bio on page 5. It tells you there the forms he takes when he appears to the PCs

Are they originally some sort of psychic imprints - like memories in the walls, so to speak - or does he observe different times simultaneously and thus sort of saw them when they happened?

Psychic imprints of things that happened. Think of Wulf as effectively a sentient spirit of the inn trying to work out what happened and can only replay these events inside itself. He also has no concept of linear time.
skerrigan

I've made a slightly revised version of this available at...

http://www.skerrigan.co.uk/Warhammer/do ... Nights.pdf

Basically the crazy people now have crazier stats, and a few tidyups.
munkholt

It's really good. Thanks.