Starter Set complete character profile

The enemy lurks in shadows
sx dwarf

Cubicle 7 released the complete profiles for the six pre-generated Characters from the Starter Set. Bottom line: Each character are built with 2200 xp. You can download them here:

https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-star ... -download/
CapnZapp

Any idea why they bundle so experienced characters to a Starter Set..?
Orin J.

it's possible they wanted to give an example of how characters should ideally be developed, but from what i've seen out of cubicle 7 i'm assuming it was arbitrary.
CapnZapp

Providing canonical examples of high level heroes is a fine endeavour.

Maybe not as useful as 100 xp characters in the starter set, though. Characters you can just pick up and start using if you don't want to mess with character generation just yet.

Anyway, they damn better be close to 100% rules legit or they're very much just NPC randos, worthless for what I assume is the intended purpose: showcasing the rules.
sx dwarf

To have experienced characters included in a starter set is a strange choice, but people seem to appreciate it. For my part, I didn't run the Starter Set adventure yet, so I can't tell.

But maybe they chose to put experienced PC in the SS because they already knew that the Enemy Within Campaign will come with a new bunch of pre-gen characters so they can show a large array of characters at different XP level.
FasterThanJesus

The download doesn't really explain why they've done it. I think we're all assuming it's so we can see how the base characters in the starter pack could be developed.

I'm wondering if these are the playtest characters and they just felt like uploading them after creating some fancy looking PDFs for them. As Orin J. said, an arbitrary decision.

That said, there's nothing inherently wrong with it, just a bit weird.