The Enemy Within for Christmas.

The enemy lurks in shadows
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Does anyone know what my chances are of being able to buy and have complete The Enemy Within campaign (Directors' Cut) for Christmas? I notice that the Power Behind The Throne Companion is scheduled for release in November according to Chaos Cards' website: https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/roleplayin ... -3-p185484, and i read here: viewtopic.php?p=2026#p2026 that the Enemy In Shadows PDF is supposed to be released this very week, which all seems promising.
macd21

The first adventure is out now. But the whole campaign before Christmas? Zero chance.

Oh, and if you were hoping for physical copies, the first book won’t be shipping until sometime next year (Q1 supposedly).
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Appreciated @macd21. I had a reply from Antony at Cubicle 7 saying they are hoping for a Q1 (2020) release on the first book. I had wrongly assumed the hard copy would be following the PDF quite quickly.
Hteph

Okiii, this first book release do not include the companion? But it will be released for plebs like me at a later date I presume? I don't know if I'm going daft in my twilight years, but I find the Cubicle 7's information being a bit underwhelming.
FasterThanJesus

totsuzenheni wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 am Appreciated @macd21. I had a reply from Antony at Cubicle 7 saying they are hoping for a Q1 (2020) release on the first book. I had wrongly assumed the hard copy would be following the PDF quite quickly.
There had been a claim that there would be minimal gap between PDF and hardcopy at one point. Not sure I ever took it too seriously.
FasterThanJesus

Hteph wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:50 am Okiii, this first book release do not include the companion? But it will be released for plebs like me at a later date I presume? I don't know if I'm going daft in my twilight years, but I find the Cubicle 7's information being a bit underwhelming.
Well, I'm getting older, but not "old" just yet and completely agree. There ability to disseminate information is shocking. Each of their product lines should have a page(s) on their site with information about current products and road maps, but it's all over the place.
FasterThanJesus

Posted a little too quick, so sorry for spamming.

Latest dev diary appeared on my drivethrurpg account today. It has a interview I'm yet to read but the pertinent info for this thread is that Enemy in Shadows is ready for release (PDF) and that the Companion will be about another two weeks away. Also, confirms macd21's quarter one claim for hardcopy.

Some extra info on the Companion:

"There’s a load of great stuff in here! Some of it expands on the information from the original campaign, so
you’ll find more on the Empire, its roads and highways, including more on travel and the Road Wardens
struggling to keep travellers safe. We revisit classic adventures On the Road, The Affair of the Hidden
Jewel, and The Pandemonium Carnival. And there’s mutants, more on the Purple Hand and Tzeentch
magic, and more!"
macd21

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 am
totsuzenheni wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 am Appreciated @macd21. I had a reply from Antony at Cubicle 7 saying they are hoping for a Q1 (2020) release on the first book. I had wrongly assumed the hard copy would be following the PDF quite quickly.
There had been a claim that there would be minimal gap between PDF and hardcopy at one point. Not sure I ever took it too seriously.
I think (based on what the devs have said) is that the delays on a few things cost them their printing time slot. Getting stuff printed and shipped at this time of year is a nightmare, forcing them to push it back.

I’m guessing the delays are due to suddenly being down 3 people, including the product lead.
Hteph

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 am Posted a little too quick, so sorry for spamming.

Latest dev diary appeared on my drivethrurpg account today. It has a interview I'm yet to read but the pertinent info for this thread is that Enemy in Shadows is ready for release (PDF) and that the Companion will be about another two weeks away. Also, confirms macd21's quarter one claim for hardcopy.

Some extra info on the Companion:

"There’s a load of great stuff in here! Some of it expands on the information from the original campaign, so
you’ll find more on the Empire, its roads and highways, including more on travel and the Road Wardens
struggling to keep travellers safe. We revisit classic adventures On the Road, The Affair of the Hidden
Jewel, and The Pandemonium Carnival. And there’s mutants, more on the Purple Hand and Tzeentch
magic, and more!"
Sounds good! Thanks for the info! :D
Zisse

Those of you, who already have the PDF:
did you all order through C7's shop or DrivethroughRPG? Did anyone try to get the PDF through Bits & Mortar?

Edit: the reason I ask ist that I would like to support my FLGS. The side benefit would be to save the shipping cost that C7 charges. They are not negligible between Ireland and Germany
Last edited by Zisse on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyarion

@Zisse, I ordered through C7's website.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

I also ordered through C7's website. I did want to order from a nearby FLGS but they only sell the physical copy without the PDF, so i would have needed to buy the PDF separately, which would have come to more than the cost of buying the physical copy and PDF together from C7 directly, including the postage, and i get quite a saving because i'm buying a few items from C7 and getting them posted in one delivery. I did try and get the aforementioned FLGS to sign up to C7's bits and mortar scheme back in April, and back in June they said they had asked about it and i haven't heard from them since.
Last edited by Totsuzenheni Yukimi on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zisse

I did the same with an FLGS, where I was for a Weekend trip. For them it worked, when I followed up on it with B&M.
crazy_cat

I ordered mine via Leisure Games, got my PDF link from them the next day.
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
Machete_Matt

Anyone know of a mail order company in the US that takes part in Bits & Mortar? My FLGS does not, and I have been unlucky in trying to find one by searching online. I tried using https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/store-locator/ but it did not enlighten me. Based on some comments it seems like the whole program is being shut down.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

What comments are you refering to @Machete_Matt?
Zisse

Regarding their Store locator: I read a comment on the B&M page, that the map does not work properly.
FasterThanJesus

I think google changed the API for google maps and a whole bunch of 3rd party sites that use it for a variety of applications haven't updated properly. It's not an uncommon warning.

Like totsuzenheni (I'm assuming) I thought you were talking about the Bits & Mortar program itself and not just the map tool.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

I did think @Machete_Matt was writing about the Bits & Mortar scheme itself.
Machete_Matt

Yes, I was referring to comments elsewhere online on the the B&M program itself -- saw some comments about how some publishers' products were not showing up as being supported though they should, how other publisher's full product range was not included, etc. I do realize this is an erroneous conclusion, as, e.g., http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/news/ shows a steady stream of new small publishers joining the program.

My goal here, echoing Zisse, was to avoid the C7 shipping charge. It is not horrible at $7.60 to the U.S., but that is still almost 20% on a $40 purchase. I already have everything else I want from their catalog, so cannot spread shipping across multiple items, either.

Thanks!