Can you use the 4e Starter Set rules to run a full campaign?

The enemy lurks in shadows
shanemorales

I love Warhammer. Have since the early 1e days. It's my favorite setting by far. Thing is, I'm not crazy about the rules. Never have been. My group and I like "lite" rules. We find the WH too crunchy for us. So one of us asked if we could use the Starter Set rules, which seem to be "lite", to run an entire campaign. I've looked it over and I can't really tell if you could use it as a full, long-term system or if it's only usable as an intro with the Starter Set adventure. Has anyone tried this? Results? Should I just shut up and use the regular system as is? Help! Thanks.
makrellen

shanemorales wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:00 pm I love Warhammer. Have since the early 1e days. It's my favorite setting by far. Thing is, I'm not crazy about the rules. Never have been. My group and I like "lite" rules. We find the WH too crunchy for us. So one of us asked if we could use the Starter Set rules, which seem to be "lite", to run an entire campaign. I've looked it over and I can't really tell if you could use it as a full, long-term system or if it's only usable as an intro with the Starter Set adventure. Has anyone tried this? Results? Should I just shut up and use the regular system as is? Help! Thanks.
I think the starter set is missing some vital stuff including character progression beyond the first couple of 100 XP's. So probably not viable.

That said - if you don't think 1st ed is rules lite then I think you will be disappointed with 4th ed. That is definately not rules lite.