4th: timeline, campaign and play order?

The enemy lurks in shadows
Stanley2077

- At the moment we are ending a campaign in IC: 2522, 2nd edition. Got 4 PC’s 3rd career. They have all been converted into to 4th ed. PC now for the last part of the campaign.
After we are done they will probably just have entered their 4th careers and we might retire the PC's as NPC’s.

My plan is to play the intro-scenario from the wfrp 4th starter set(may modify it some), using fresh new characters, and then proceed to the Enemy within Campaign.
So we are moving back around 10 years to 2512 and starting in Ubersreik.

A: Could we play the scenarios from, “Rough Nights & Hard Days” after the starter set but before the Enemy Within campaign? According to the Ubersreik lorebook (from the starter set, page 10) there are events relating to each other.

B: What is the date/year and location for the start of Enemy Within Campaign?

C: Is it possible to play Enemy Within Campaign using 4th career characters from the start and set in the year 2522 after the chaos invasion? In that way use our existing high level party and move on.
Zisse

A: absolutely possible, but you could also add single scenarios from rough nights at different points of the enemy within. One scenario actually is in Ubersreik.
B: TEW starts in 2512, iirc. There is one Ubersreik adventure scenario, which is designed to lead from Ubersreik (starter set + Ubersreik adventures) into TEW.
C: probably everything is possible, but IMHO TEW works best, if you start low.
Stanley2077

Thanks - now I got a better understanding on how to plan ahead. Great:-)
FasterThanJesus

Stanley2077 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 am C: Is it possible to play Enemy Within Campaign using 4th career characters from the start and set in the year 2522 after the chaos invasion? In that way use our existing high level party and move on.
I'm not sure that is a good idea either thematically or from a power perspective.

TEW is about the growing surreptitious threat of chaos cults and how they strive to undermine the empire from within. I'm not sure that works too well immediately following a chaos incursion.

The characters should not be too capable and should not know too much either.

Of course, you could work around those problems, but I think it's a big task.
Orin J.

it's.....not impossible, but most/all of the adventures in the campaign are written from a "your guys are relative unknowns in the world and no-one suspects a chaos plot right now". as high-level heroes right after the chaos invasion you're gonna want to put some time aside beforehand going through the stuff to rewrite character reactions accordingly with your group in mind.

there's also the not-small chance your group has made some pre-existing enemies that could complicate things and you'll want to have those ideas planned out beforehand too.