Letter question (Enemy Within spoiler)

The enemy lurks in shadows
yoroba

Why is Etelka Herzen so friendly in her letter to Johannes Teugen?
Aren't the Purple Hand and the Red Crown rival cults?

I just want to know, so I have an explanation ready, if my players find out that much.
makrellen

Johannes Teugen isn't Purple Hand. Kastor Lieberung is.
yoroba

Spoiler
In 4th, how come Gideon kills Kuftos at the fake Law Firm in Bögenhafen? I thought that Gideon was clearing an obstacle for who it thinks is Kastor Lieberung. I thought this was a sign of at least an alliance to the Purple Hand , or a knowledge and sympathy for the Purple Hand
Theo

I don't thinks there's any implication that Gideon knows or cares about Kastor Lieberung or the Purple Hand at all. From page 54:

"At this point the Characters have no idea of how or why the bounty hunter died, but they may have the opportunity to find out later in the adventure. Gideon, the Daemon of Tzeentch working in agreement with Johannes Teugen (see page 112), learned that a bounty hunter had arrived in Bögenhafen and
was making enquiries about followers of the Lord of Change. Concluding that this newcomer could be a threat to his plan, Gideon followed him to the building on Garten Weg and, reverting to his Daemon form, ripped him apart before he could do any damage to the Ordo Septenarius.

Gideon has no idea who the Characters are, or what the bounty hunter wanted with them, and at this point it does not care. The fact that it inadvertently saved the very people who will prove to be the biggest threat to his scheme is simply dramatic irony."
FasterThanJesus

Theo wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:41 am Gideon has no idea who the Characters are, or what the bounty hunter wanted with them, and at this point it does not care. The fact that it inadvertently saved the very people who will prove to be the biggest threat to his scheme is simply dramatic irony."
The Changer of the Ways works in mysterious ways.
yoroba

Thanks for clearing it up :-)