Bleeding Causing Further Critical Wounds

The enemy lurks in shadows
magnus the flyest

If a character gets dropped to 0 Wounds which causes a critical which causes bleeding. Does that mean that they take a new critical every round from the bleeding DoT?
Clint

No, it's says under the description, that if you reach 0 wounds you no longer lose wounds, Instead, you fall unconscious and Have a 10% risc of dying per bleeding condition you have, every round :)
Blackadder

I’m not sure about the ‘every round’ bit in the previous post. Has this been clarified somewhere? My pdf has a missing word. It could easily read ‘every’, ‘that’ or ‘the’ and still make perfect sense. I have opted for the singular test pending the errata.🙂
Makrakken

Blackadder wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am I’m not sure about the ‘every round’ bit in the previous post. Has this been clarified somewhere? My pdf has a missing word. It could easily read ‘every’, ‘that’ or ‘the’ and still make perfect sense. I have opted for the singular test pending the errata.🙂
There is a word missing before 'Round' in that paragraph alright. However, bleeding is an ongoing condition & doesn't suddenly stop when a character or NPC goes unconscious. It would be odd to make the check just once.
Blackadder

I can see what you are saying but I don’t know that it’s entirely unbelievable that multiple 1pt bleeds might clot of their own accord. Larger bleeds certainly sound more ‘arterial’. It certainly needs to be clarified in any errata that is forthcoming. In the meantime, I intend to not potentially kill off characters on a misunderstanding of a poorly explained rule.🙂
Clint

The rules states, that while you are subject to the bleeding condition, you must take the test to survive at the end of (each) round to survive. I think it's pretty safe to assume that the missing word is each, or something similar.

The only way to stop the bleeding, is to remove all the bleeding effects.
Blackadder

Any word on the errata?
magnus the flyest

Clint wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:54 am No, it's says under the description, that if you reach 0 wounds you no longer lose wounds, Instead, you fall unconscious and Have a 10% risc of dying per bleeding condition you have, every round :)
i mean to post itt that i had re-read the rule and found the bit that i had blocked out of my brain for some reason.

Thanks everyone for the help with my windy head!
Blackadder

But the point is that it doesn’t actually say that. Some posters might feel that is the intuitive way to read it. I’m going to continue with a single test at the end of the round where the character becomes Unconscious until errata inputs the missing word and clarifies the position. Even if it turns out to be every round, that’ll just mean that my players have had a byball. I’m sure they won’t complain.🙂
woeskwee

It's actually in the first line of the condition: "You are bleeding badly. Lose 1 Wound at the end of every Round". I had to read it twice to find it.
CapnZapp

Blackadder wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am I’m not sure about the ‘every round’ bit in the previous post. Has this been clarified somewhere? My pdf has a missing word. It could easily read ‘every’, ‘that’ or ‘the’ and still make perfect sense. I have opted for the singular test pending the errata.
Come on - you don't have Bleeding that... doesn't do anything.

You lose Wounds / test for death in each and every round as long as you have Bleeding conditions.

While the mangled sentence is unfortunate, this really is self-evident and can't reasonably be interpreted any other way.
CapnZapp

Blackadder wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:27 pm I can see what you are saying but I don’t know that it’s entirely unbelievable that multiple 1pt bleeds might clot of their own accord.
Th 28 February errata has added a clotting rule, where Bleeding goes down one step each time you roll a double on your sudden death roll (and survive).