What Enemy Within material to purchase after the Enemy Within Campaign?

The enemy lurks in shadows
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

(Open Spoilers! in this topic.)

If i have bought all of the fourth edition Enemy Within Campaign (Volumes 1 through 5 and Companions) what other fourth edition products are there that tie into the Enemy Within Campaign that i could buy next? (I'm happy for people to answer that as a general question, as it is stated, for everyone's benefit, though for myself the more closely (and officially) something ties into the Enemy Within Campaign the better, and i'm less interested in fourth edition rules. Do let me know how, and how much something ties into the Enemy Within Campaign.)
FasterThanJesus

Middenheim: City of the White Wolf and Altdorf: Crown of the Empire are the two that spring to mind most obviously. CotWW expands Middenheim significantly (which you probably know from its 1st ed incarnation) and is extremely useful as all of PBtT and about 60/70% of THR is based there. The additional information on places of interest, cults, NPCs and minor factions are all useful. A:CofE is similar. I have not thoroughly read it yet but from a leaf through it basically does the same for Altdorf. As I mentioned in my overview of EiR, there is a lot more going on in Altdorf that could be built on from that book although I'm not sure it's quite as essential. They're the two that really spring to mind.

You may get some mileage from Archives of the Empire. It has an in depth analysis of the political structure of the Empire, probably the most relevant aspect and has sections covering halflings, wood elves and dwarfs in the Empire. This latter section is perhaps more situationally useful if you have any of the above as PCs. I'd say it's less useful than the two city books, but a decent book nonetheless.

Hard Days and Rough Nights (or is the other way round?) is not that useful despite the section that tries to tie it into TEW. If you want to play any of the scenarios in there, it's obviously useful, but I think just dropping one in during a session to mix things up rather than play as mini campaign is sufficient. Interspersing it with TEW seems like completionist overkill to me.

The starter set is probably redundant unless you want to start out with the Ubersreik adventures. As for those, they also have a tie-in mechanism for starting TEW but to me it seems a bit more of a solution if you're group is starting with UA and wanting to move over to TEW and not really an entry point for TEW itself. There's little ancillary material in there that's linked to TEW, just the odd reference here and there.

Of the other PDFs released, you can probably ignore the various adventures unless you genuinely want a scenario to drop in but the sheer size of TEW including the extra bits in the Companion, I don't think it's necessary. The PDFs like monuments of the Empire and the NPC collections contain neat additional content that can add flavour to any WFRP adventure, but I don't think there's anything explicitly linking them. The goblin PDF recently released may be useful for beefing up EiR and the goblin encounters in DotR but again, it falls into the nice to have category at best.

Hopefully I've not missed anything.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

That's a much appreciated thorough reply @FasterThanJesus. I'm curious about Middenheim: City of the White Wolf because, as i recall reading somewhere, perhaps in Gideon's blog, material in the first edition version of that city guide that directly related to the Enemy Within Campaign is now to be found in The Power Behind The Throne Companion. Is there anything in the fourth edition Middenheim: City of the White Wolf that is directly related to the Enemy Within Campaign?
FasterThanJesus

I don't think there is anything that is directly related. There's more info on groups like the low kings, other active cults, more geographic information. I think it comes down to whether you want go out of scope of PBtT or build on top of what is there. What I'd say is that you're spending a lot of time in Middenheim and that extra information may be useful - I would not call it essential though.

In summary, I would state that the 10 books of TEW is sufficient, but if you want anything extra, I'd say the M:CotWW, A:CotE and AotE vI are useful and in that order (probably, you mileage will likely vary).
dry_erase

FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:53 am I don't think there is anything that is directly related. There's more info on groups like the low kings, other active cults, more geographic information. I think it comes down to whether you want go out of scope of PBtT or build on top of what is there. What I'd say is that you're spending a lot of time in Middenheim and that extra information may be useful - I would not call it essential though.
I think the Middenheim book is helpful for The Horned Rat, perhaps even more than PBTT - the former is the city in 'normal' circumstances, with no carnival. I wrote some of THR and the Middenheim book was very much the backdrop to those bits. But ask you say, you can get by without it.
Zisse

I recommend the two city books, because they provide the necessary depth of the setting, when characters steer of the path or just do something inventive. A simple example is when you need an inn with names of the staff. An other example is a bookshop that the PCs might want to go to. You'll find that stuff in the books.
Also you can reuse or move locations from town to town. In the Starter Set one guy is a mason. Since the Ubersreik guide did not include details of the mason guild, I just used that from Bögenhafen
Zisse

Another little thing is the first one shot in the reikland. The adventure location is a lock on the Weissbrück canal. It actually provides some flavor of the early times of the Empire.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Zisse wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:41 am Another little thing is the first one shot in the reikland. The adventure location is a lock on the Weissbrück canal. It actually provides some flavor of the early times of the Empire.
What's the book you're referring to here?
Zisse

Oneshots of the reikland. It's a PDF.