Second Sight - Intuition or Perception?

The enemy lurks in shadows
yoroba

When trying to notice traces of Dhar (if I have Second Sight), will I roll on my Intuition or my Perception?

I'm thinking Intuition because I'm imagining a wizard to "sense" the winds of magic.

However the Second Sight is (as far as I recall) described as "Smell of e.g. cinnamon for Wind of Aqshy", which I think is talking into a Perception roll.

Or does one just auto-detect with Second Sight?
Glorthindel

I tend to use a grading scale. If a spell is big and currently active, I tend to give it an auto-success (a Wizard can tell at a glance if a fire is "natural" or being artificially fuelled by Aqshy for example), but if you are looking for traces of magic 'after the event' then I would require Perception (to go back to the fire example, to determine if their are traces of Aqshy clinging to the burnt remnants of a previous days fire). Intuition I would save for once the Wizard knows the magic is there to attempt to intuit how it was applied by reading the patterns of the remaining traces (was the burned ruin sparked by a flaming sword, hit with a ball of flame, or caused by an elemental rampaging through it).
yoroba

Thank you for the input :)
Hyarion

Glorthindel, really good distinctions between Perception/Intuition. I'll start incorporating them as well.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.