Cathay sourcebook?

For general discussions about WFRP
adambeyoncelowe

Karanthir wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 am
Nothing wrong with being "woke" and wanting your modern RPG product to fit modern sensibilities (especially if they are your own sensibilities). I don't want to speak for Fox, but I don't think he's saying the developer of any new Asian-inspired fantasy RPG has to be Asian, just that that's what he wants for his product. He wants insight from someone from the actual culture he's deriving the setting from. Sounds fair enough to me.

If they were changing basically everything about the contents of Tetsubo except the name (and it sounds like this was coming from the original designers as much as from Fox, though it would be interesting to hear their side), I think they made the right decision. Better to get complaints about "wokeness" now, before anyone has parted with their money for a product that won't be what they wanted.
Indeed. Why would you bother with the hassle of offending people, and having to deal with the fallout, in the first place? Life's too short.
Orin J.

adambeyoncelowe wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:56 am
Karanthir wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 am
Nothing wrong with being "woke" and wanting your modern RPG product to fit modern sensibilities (especially if they are your own sensibilities). I don't want to speak for Fox, but I don't think he's saying the developer of any new Asian-inspired fantasy RPG has to be Asian, just that that's what he wants for his product. He wants insight from someone from the actual culture he's deriving the setting from. Sounds fair enough to me.

If they were changing basically everything about the contents of Tetsubo except the name (and it sounds like this was coming from the original designers as much as from Fox, though it would be interesting to hear their side), I think they made the right decision. Better to get complaints about "wokeness" now, before anyone has parted with their money for a product that won't be what they wanted.
Indeed. Why would you bother with the hassle of offending people, and having to deal with the fallout, in the first place? Life's too short.
it's 2020, there's an industry in being offended now. it's less "the hassle of offending people" and more "the hassle of attracting someone looking to take offense".
Theo

At least Warhammer-wise, it's quite obvious that by far the most vocal group of people "looking to take offense" are the boys who whinge and moan endlessly when someone dares to put some women or even non-white people in "their" games.
Dreadaxe

Dreadaxe wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 am
Illustration from rulebook WFB7 #Cathay

https://www.picuki.com/media/2295752712079184048