NergalCon

For general discussions about WFRP
tadcan

Since Tobcon has been called off due to the unspeakable horror of meeting in person, we can try for an online convention to talk about the ancient Mesopotamian god and it's influence on culture....
So the current plan is to keep the same date of Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th, the same timeslot of 10am-2pm, 3pm-6pm BST, or less if we don't have enough participants. This time won't be great for people in the Americas, so if there is enough interest from there we can maybe arrange late night game, maybe a repeat of one run earlier. The event could be held over discord with a general chatting room and then separate rooms for different games if we have enough GM's/players for more than one game at the same time. Then using roll20 to put characters in and show maps etc. This will need some test runs etc.

I can run two games say on Saturday and Sunday morning featuring two recurring characters.

The Tricksters Dice
I, Borta Zgltngzy is famoos and respected emissary from Legendary Lost Kingdom of STRIGOS. During investigations in yours big Empires, I receive wonderful message from Prince of Araby of bountiful opportunity. Lucky you am hiring to collect on monies resting.... I mean, never mind, is walk in the park job.
It's an investigation/comedy story around six characters who are caught in a race to track down some con-artists who have been running scams in the city before they escape, for a variety of personal reasons, "hired" by an Borat type figure from one of the many fly by night kingdoms in the Borderlands.
WHFRP 4th edition.

Pyramids of Gold
Deep in the jungles of Lustria you have arrived, the superior mind from the much vaunted nobility of the Empire to find where these these... small brained lizard people have constructed their temples of gold. Not to steal you see, but to take items back for academic study. Even better you are following a map sent back by your brother who wasn't to be found when you landed at the coastal settlement. Yes they are big but you have superior technology and intellect to overcome any odds.
An miss/adventure, mild horror for six adventurers, to raid a pyramid of treasures, and survive ancient magics beyond their ken.
WHFRP 4th edition.
Hyarion

I'm interested. Depending on formats, time slots, etc I could even be pursuaded to run a game for some of the american players (or brits who want to stay up late).
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Rangdo

TBH, I think if we do do an online version, it should be timed to allow at least some play from the US.
tadcan

Absolutely, as I said we cold run repeat games in the evening our time to accommodate this. What timeszone should be used a baseline, for example Pacific time is 7 hours behind BST, while Eastern time is five hours behind. So the afternoon game starting at 3pm is 10am Eastern, 7am Pacific. Would it be worth shifting the start times to 4-8pm BST, then 9pm-1am BST. How does that sound to folks?
Rangdo

We'd also have to make allowance for those of us on CET. So 2-6pm and 7-11pm, UK time, would make the most sense, IMO.
Hyarion

I'm with Rangdo, I think that makes the most sense
Herr Arnulfe

I'd be interested in participating (Atlantic Time, BST-4). Not sure yet whether I'll have an adventure to run, but at the very least I'll play in a few slots.
tadcan

So its looks like 2-6pm and 7-11pm BST looks like the consensus time. So do we have more GM's able to run games.
Hyarion

Tadcan, what's your intended format?

Roll20? I don't know the platform (and don't really have time to learn it to a standard I consider acceptable to run a game, unfortunately).
Discord? I'm willing to go text only (I'm not set up for voice chat and my house is rather chaotic).
If we're allowing other formats/mediums, I will happily host a game over IRC which is my usual space and one in which I am quite comfortable.
tadcan

My initial thoughts is Discord for voice channels, so we can have a general lobby and then two rooms for games depending on GM's/players, then roll20 for characters and visuals. Games over irc would take take longer than four hours, so you can put in a game and see if people want to play a slower paced on-shot.
Toby Pilling

I'm happy to join in and play - I have Discord on my computer. I won't be able to run anything though.
tadcan

So I guess the next step is to do posts on reddit to spread the word to potential new players/GM's. I'll do up a post in a couple of days when I get free time.
carnel

While the games I was working on for the con relied on some physical mechanics I'd be happy to re-run my Kingdom playsets from previous years (plus maybe a few new ones that didn't get used last time) as well as offering a new game...

O'Shane's Half-Dozen

Recently released for a crime they most certainly committed O'Shane has to clear an underworld debt by pulling off a daring heist. Choose a location, case your job, put together your crew and get rich or die trying.

System: facilitated freeform
Players: 6 (obvie!)
carnel

I'm also +1 on Discord as it seems the most popular for RPGs
twisted moon

like toby, i'm happy to play, but not run anything via electronic media.
i have a discord account, but have no idea how it works for a voice / video channel.
the dark knight of the twisted moon

https://bit.ly/2m5gfAo

https://bit.ly/2TczEfY
tadcan

So I did posts on reddit's r/warhammerfantasyrpg and r/grimandperilous, which have moved to discord, so I'll do some canvasing there as well.
tydirium

Just a heads up that Cubicle7 just went to war with "unlicensed" VTTs.
This was specifically aimed at Foundry and they were called "shady" for allowing people to make a wfrp set up.
I'm looking forward to this convention and hope to run something btw, but Im awaiting the outcome of this as I was planning on using that platform.
Jh
~For the Empire!
Zisse

tydirium wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 pm Just a heads up that Cubicle7 just went to war with "unlicensed" VTTs.
Do you have a source for this? I just follow C7 on Twitter and did not see anything in this regard. Was this a topic somewhere else?
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Yeah, I’d love some more information on this.
tydirium

>>Do you have a source for this? I just follow C7 on Twitter and did not see anything in this regard. Was this a topic somewhere else?
>>

Emmet Byrne posted some nasty comments about Foundry (and the 'shady' fact that fans developed a wfrp platform and didn't have to pay C7 for a license) to his twitter and then accidentally revealed on Discord that they are secretly in talks to require license from Roll20, therefore they cannot have free content out there.
Normally, you would just say "hey we are going to require licensure for content on your VTT." Instead it was this "secret ulterior motive" approach and now its out that they want a roll20 license deal.
I just worry about the timeframe to VTT NergalCon.
Last edited by tydirium on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
~For the Empire!