Campaign coming to a close ...

For general discussions about WFRP
Whymme

So this Sunday the campaign that we've been playing for the last three years or so (or actually even longer) is coming to a close on Sunday. I originally thought that we needed three or four more sessions, but since those sessions would take place during the holidays, when not everyone would be able to participate, we decided to finish it all by playing all Sunday long, with a bbq in the evening.

Which puts the pressure on me, suddenly having to prepare a lot more than I thought I would. But it should be glorious, with the PCs making sure that Khaine cannot take over the Dreamlands from his brother Morr, and defeating a corrupt power-take over in Marienburg, where Jaan van de Kuiper (one of the Upper Ten, the de facto governor of the city) works together with the underworld to tighten his grip on the whole city.

I have two groups of PCs (each player has two characters), and both groups will probably have to split up near the end, as several goals have to be fulfilled at the same time. I'm trying not to have each goal be an epic combat, but bring some variation.

Last time I GM'd all day long was when I was a student. Doing it again will be lots of fun.

Just wanted to share. I'm excited to bring this campaign to a good ending.
Hyarion

I hope you're able to wrap it up to your satisfaction!

Will you do anything particular to help keep the two parties separate? Or to help the players get in one frame of mind rather than the other?
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Whymme

Last Sunday was a good day. Great game. Players had to deal with giant frogs attacking them, zombies (well, sleepwalkers), a chaos-infested castle and a vineyard full of plants that wanted to catch them and suck them dry.

As an epilogue, during the barbecue, I first let each player tell something about the future of certain organisations and places in the game (the Marienburg Gentlemen's Club, the Stadsraad and house Van den Kuyper, a castle in the dreamlands ...). Then they told what the future would hold for one of their characters, and in a third round, what would happen to another player's second character. It was a good way to close the campaign.

The campaign started in march 2017, out of a previous sandbox Marienburg setting, where PCs had already been adventuring for about two years. Yesterday we finished all that. It has been a good time.