Organised crime in Altdorf

For general discussions about WFRP
Theo

Is there any good material written - official or fan-made - about criminal gangs in Altdorf (or other quasi-Renaissance cities)?

I'll have some future subplots involving an Altdorf crimelord that a couple of my PCs have had previous dealings with, and while this won't be a major plotline for a long time, I thought I should signal it a bit since the party is heading to Altdorf now (early in Death on the Reik). I'm drawing kind of a blank on inspiration for both the gang itself and what to do with them, so I'm hoping someone else will have already written something I can nick and adapt. :)
Gideon

There's a little in The Empire at War, pp81-82 (WFRP1).

Shades of Empire, pp3ff, (WFRP2) has some information on the Altdorf docker gangs (Fish, Hooks and Wharf Rats)

You could also repurpose material from elsewhere, eg Schatzenheimers, Valantinas, Huydermans from the Oldenhaller Contract, Edam Gouda (groan) and the Man from Warhammet City (all WFRP1).
hallucyon

Theo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 pm Is there any good material written - official or fan-made - about criminal gangs in Altdorf (or other quasi-Renaissance cities)?
I am not a fan of Warhammer novels. As such I have read just a few. However, I must admit I have quite enjoyed "Zavant" by Gordon Rennie. The first story (i.e. the one with Vesper Klasst) describes to some extent the Altdorf crime world. Here is a free preview.
Wyrmslayer

The hooks and fish also made an appearance in an early novel, Beasts in Velvet. A murder mystery, all the while a cult affiliated agitator does his thing, the hooks and fish are at war with each other. I don't recall there being enough gang stuff in it to warrant a read for research purposes. Good book though.
Jadrax

Wyrmslayer wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:45 am The hooks and fish also made an appearance in an early novel, Beasts in Velvet. A murder mystery, all the while a cult affiliated agitator does his thing, the hooks and fish are at war with each other. I don't recall there being enough gang stuff in it to warrant a read for research purposes. Good book though.
I used some of that in my scenario set on the Altdorf Docks; it is more of the background to the scenario than the core premise but you may find the Appendix Two and some of the sidebars useful.

https://www.grognard.org.uk/Authors/jad ... %201-1.pdf