The Enemy Within Remixed, Season 2: Death on the Reik (campaign report)

For general discussions about WFRP
Theo

Season 2, Episode 13: Death on the Reik, Part XIII - Going Back

In which our friends return to Unterbaum, meet up with Said and sail back towards Kemperbad.
Karanthir

I've spent the last few weeks reading your blog after meaning to get round to it for a while, and finally got caught up yesterday. Really enjoying the session reports, and I like your version of the Warhammer world a lot. Sounds like you're all having a lot of fun with the campaign!
Theo

Karanthir wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:20 am I've spent the last few weeks reading your blog after meaning to get round to it for a while, and finally got caught up yesterday. Really enjoying the session reports, and I like your version of the Warhammer world a lot. Sounds like you're all having a lot of fun with the campaign!
Thank you! I'm looking forward to the next session - we've finally managed to set a date on a weekend to allow for a longer session, and it seems the whole gang will be turning up for once. :)
Karanthir

Having the whole group there always makes a nice change.
Theo

New episode up - a much meatier one than last time.

Season 2, Episode 14: Death on the Reik, Part XIV - Midsummer Madness

In which a close encounter with the Hand at Sonnstill brings delirium and distress, and our friends finally get the elusive Etelka Herzen in their sights.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Where's that picture from?
Theo

totsuzenheni wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 am Where's that picture from?
The Festival of the Middle Ages by one Taehoon Kang.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Appreciated.
Theo

Season 2, Episode 15: Death on the Reik, Part XV - My Dinner With Etelka

In which our friends finally catch up with Etelka Herzen, and spend an awkward evening in her company.

GM's notes (extra-big spoilers!)
Theo

Season 2, Episode 16: Death on the Reik, Part XVI - Midnight Showdown

In which the long hunt for Etelka Herzen, the Witch of Grissenwald, comes to an end.

GM's notes (spoilers)
FasterThanJesus

I'm enjoying your write ups, but really loving your art picks.
Theo

FasterThanJesus wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:09 pm I'm enjoying your write ups, but really loving your art picks.
Thank you. Finding good and fitting art is part of the fun (and the challenge). :)
Theo

So my players have finally anchored at scenic Wittgendorf. And it turns out Etelka Herzen is only Mostly Dead...

Season 2, Episode 7: Death on the Reik, Part XVII - The Ghost Town

In which our friends learn a bit more of what has been going on, and begin to explore the accursed town of Wittgendorf.

GM's notes (spoilers)
Theo

Season 2, Episode 18: Death on the Reik, Part XVIII - Fear and Loathing in Wittgendorf

In which our friends visit doctor Giraud, make some quite disturbing discoveries, and run into trouble with the castle garrison.

GM's notes (spoilers)
hallucyon

Theo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 am Season 2, Episode 18: Death on the Reik, Part XVIII - Fear and Loathing in Wittgendorf

In which our friends visit doctor Giraud, make some quite disturbing discoveries, and run into trouble with the castle garrison.

GM's notes (spoilers)
I seem to remember vaguely that this illustration was once posted on the Strike-to-Stun forum by either Whymme or the author of Zweihander RPG. I might be mistaken, though.

PS. Needless to say, I enjoy reading your campaign reports and love both your own pictures and others' pictures you choose.
Theo

hallucyon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 pmI seem to remember vaguely that this illustration was once posted on the Strike-to-Stun forum by either Whymme or the author of Zweihander RPG. I might be mistaken, though.
It's appeared all over the internet. I haven't been able to trace down the original or the artist, hence the lack of credit. It seemed to fit Wittgendorf. :)
hallucyon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 pmPS. Needless to say, I enjoy reading your campaign reports and love both your own pictures and others' pictures you choose.
Thank you!
Theo

hallucyon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 pm I seem to remember vaguely that this illustration was once posted on the Strike-to-Stun forum by either Whymme or the author of Zweihander RPG. I might be mistaken, though.
Update: Anthony Ragan succeeded where I failed and managed to trace the picture back to artist Jonas De Ro. I've updated the blog with a proper credit.
Theo

Season 2, Episode 19: Death on the Reik, Part XIX - Fire on the Water

In which our friends fight a boarding action against the Wittgenstein guards, accidentally set their barge on fire, and meet some unexpected allies.

GM's notes (spoilers)
Theo

Season 2, Episode 20: Death on the Reik, Part XX - Hideouts and Hidden Paths

In which our friends make an alliance with the outlaws of Wittgendorf, go on a reconnaissance mission, make plans for a surprise attack on Castle Wittgenstein, and have another chat with Etelka Herzen.

GM's notes
Theo

Season 2, Episode 21: Death on the Reik, Part XXI - Have Fun Storming the Castle!

In which our friends and their allies stage a midnight assault on the Outer Bailey of Castle Wittgenstein.

GM's notes (spoilers)