Elven Vampires

For general discussions about WFRP
Hyarion

Let me preface this: Yes, I am aware that according to strict canon, Warhammer Elves are immune to the Curse of Nagash.

With that said.... :evil:

....What if it's just called the Curse of Nagash, because Nagash was the first one to try and recreate-at-will and harness what had previously been a particularly nasty version of Tzeentch's Curse, that sometimes the elves fell prey to? How might it manifest differently for them than it did in humans?
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Wyrmslayer

You mean something like in ancient days a crazed magic using elf tried a ritual or experimental high magic that got away from him, and he turned into something vaguely vampiric? Sounds plausible, for the setting.

Could have turned into a creature that requires magic to live. Instead of blood, sucking the green/life magic from them. Perhaps with more cgi required than biting, 80's movie style transference of energy from one to the other. Could drain it from areas rich in that colour of magic. Standing, back arching as tendrils of magic are sucked towards him, a vulnerable moment to attack him.
Hyarion

Exactly. Something gone wrong with experimental High Magic, yada yada yada, elven vampire.

I like the idea of having to siphon magic. My initial idea had been that the elf in question would lose it's soul into the Aethyr (been reading a lot of 40k lore and also Retribution of Scyrah lore). The elven vampire then would need two things: to stay in 'high magic' areas where the winds blow more densely. And to feed on the souls of others as human vampires need to feed on the blood of others.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Herr Arnulfe

Morathi and Hellebron have Countess Bathory vibes, using soul energy from blood sacrifice to maintain their youthful appearances. There was also a corrupted wood elf in the Orion novels who kept prisoners in a giant wicker cage to harvest their soul energies.
Knight of the Lady

To be honest I've never read before that elves would be immune to the vampire curse, but thank for the info.

But in regards to vampire elves, since this goes outsid of canon lore and such. I would think that it might be best to think about what kind of story you want this character to be and tailor the flavor of elf-turned-vampire after that.

But as mentioned above by other posters, unless you need somethings specific from this character for your campaign I would also think that magical vampirism might be the way to go. Of course this will demand some extra work for what negative consequences this have for the victim and so on.
Iltherion

Wyrmslayer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:33 pm You mean something like in ancient days a crazed magic using elf tried a ritual or experimental high magic that got away from him, and he turned into something vaguely vampiric? Sounds plausible, for the setting.
Isn't "a ritual with experimental high magic that got away from him" exactly what Caledor Dragontamer did when he created the Vortex on the Isle of the Dead?

Maybe it wasn't the Vortex itself that trapped him there; maybe the rest of the elves did something else to trap him there because he turned into a vampire...