Enemy Within Volume Two announced! (And a gamemaster screen's too!)

The enemy lurks in shadows
sx dwarf

Death on the Reik

Keypoints:
  • It's a two-parts adventure: Death on the Reik and The Wittgenstein Horror.
  • Like Volume One, Grognard Boxes will be included. Grognard Boxes add new ways to play that allows returning players of the original campaign a fresh take.
  • The complete guide, River Life of the Empire, includes all the details about the dangerous rivers of the Empire.
  • 160-page hardcover
  • MRSP of $39.99
  • Release date: October 2019

Death on the Reik Companion

Keypoints:
  • A Bestiary of the river-based creatures.
  • A collections of new diseases for this that go too deep in the water.
  • New merchant posts
  • A wide variety of NPCs to add to the games.
  • The Vengeance of the Gravelord, part one of a new series of adventures that run parallel to the main Enemy Within campaign.
  • 96-page hardcover
  • MRSP of $34.99
  • Release date: October 2019

Gamemaster’s Screen and Gamemaster’s Guide

Keypoints:
  • It's a four-panel screen
  • Features artwork form the game on one side and quick rules and references on the other.
  • The Gamemaster’s Guide includes articles to help players build their worlds and run the best possible adventures for their table.
  • MRSP of $29.99
  • Release date: September 2019

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/434 ... death-reik
Knight of the Lady

Hurray!

More good stuff for Warhammer. :)
skerrigan

I'm quite pleased to see these but I still think C7 needs to work out how they communicate these. Really Cubicle 7's site should be the one-stop for news on what they're releasing, but instead we keep finding out more from retailer sites and gossip sites.

That said it looks like Andy Law is making good on his promise the entire TEW would be out in PDF by Christmas. If they get to Power Behind the Throne by then it will show me up for my pessimism.
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

skerrigan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 am I'm quite pleased to see these but I still think C7 needs to work out how they communicate these. Really Cubicle 7's site should be the one-stop for news on what they're releasing, but instead we keep finding out more from retailer sites and gossip sites.
I agree. All in all WFRP fan sites and forums such as this one tend to be where i get information about releases from and have been since Cubicle 7 gained the licence.

( This isn't helped by the fact that their new website's RSS feed doesn't seem to be working for me, though last i heard from them they thought it was working with their RSS readers. )
FasterThanJesus

I didn't even notice their website had changed from cubicle7 cubicle7games.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am I didn't even notice their website had changed from cubicle7 cubicle7games.
It's also changed from a .co.uk to a .com website. I guess that this is at least partly because of their move from the UK to Ireland.
Last edited by Totsuzenheni Yukimi on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mormegil

I feel they have a policy not to introduce a new title, before the preorder of the previous product has opened.
crazy_cat

skerrigan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 am That said it looks like Andy Law is making good on his promise the entire TEW would be out in PDF by Christmas. If they get to Power Behind the Throne by then it will show me up for my pessimism.
Although, to be fair to your pessimism (which is entirely in character for WFRP in itself) they haven't actually released anything of TEW as such as yet.
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
crazy_cat

TEW Revised part 1 is due Q3 apparently?

Being positive: Q3 starts in five days.
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
FasterThanJesus

I've seen a few sites claim late August Enemy in Shadows. Obviously, goes without saying, take with a pinch of salt.
FasterThanJesus

Now up on Cubicle7's site: https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-deat ... cut-vol-2/

One thing caught my attention, in addition to the notes already posted by sx dwarf: The Vengeance of the Gravelord: Part 1 of a sequence of adventures that run parallel to the Enemy Within, including an adaption of the WFRP 1st edition classic, Carrion up the Reik.

So, let the speculation begin on that one! I'm wondering if there is plan to not significantly modify Empire in Flames/Chaos and to pick up on the Purple Hand et al plot threads in the parallel campaign.

I really like the art work for the companion.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Mr. Kemmler perhaps? Death's Dark Shadow?
skerrigan

My thoughts are that Carrion on Up the Reik was James Wallis's plan to insert a few threads he intended to pick up in the 5th unpublished Empire in Chaos. The Grand Theogonist, who the PCs are meant to save from the Sons of Ulric and thus be owed a favour by, and the old priest they meet were definitely going to crop up.

The fact that it will be part of the side-campaign suggests that Carrion is not "vital" to the campaign as a whole anymore, and that Vol 5 will be completely new?

As for the Wrath of the Gravvelord, I assume that the Carrion plot may be completely repurposed. I feel a little sad by this as I liked where Carrion was going.

I'm surprised Carrion is part of the Death of the Reik companion as it effectively ends the PCs stint as barge owners on the Reik as written.

I assumed it and Grapes of Wrath, which is tenuously a prequel to Power, would have been in the Power Behind the Throne companion or mainbook (although if that is a revised Middenheim sourcebook there won't be space).
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
FasterThanJesus

Having got the advanced pre-order (yeah, yeah) I received the first dev diary today.

I'm a bit reluctant to give too much away (at this point, at least).

But some things that are interesting:

Volume 3 (PBtT) Companion is a Middenland supplement.
Volume 4 (The Horned Rat ) is a Skaven plot (shock) and the companion is Skaven related
Volume 5 (Empire in Ruins) Companion is chaos related.

The artwork for PBtT is in there, too. Again, I really like the Companion art, very reminiscent of City of Chaos which was one of the things that helped hook me on all this in the first place.
Spoiler
A couple more products for us to get excited about
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:01 am Volume 3 (PBtT) Companion is a Middenland supplement.
Middenland or Middenheim?
FasterThanJesus

totsuzenheni wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 am
FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:01 am Volume 3 (PBtT) Companion is a Middenland supplement.
Middenland.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:04 am
Middenland.
Interesting. It suggests what direction changes to Power Behind the Throne might go in. I wonder if City of Chaos supplement will also appear, or if they're leaving that as is.
Orin J.

totsuzenheni wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Middenland.
Interesting. It suggests what direction changes to Power Behind the Throne might go in. I wonder if City of Chaos supplement will also appear, or if they're leaving that as is.
it's not like WFRP has ever made any distinction between middenheim and the entire imperial province it rules, so it might be a little early to get excited. or a lot early with C7's schedule.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Orin J. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 pm
totsuzenheni wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Middenland.
it's not like WFRP has ever made any distinction between middenheim and the entire imperial province it rules, so it might be a little early to get excited. or a lot early with C7's schedule.
In the first edition of WFRP Middenheim is independent, and in the City of Chaos supplement Middenheim and Middenland are separate political entities and neither is ruled by the other, though Middenheim has some political influence over Nordland due to marriage. Anyway, the reason i think it could be indicative is more to do with the possible change or expansion of the area within which Power Behind the Throne might now be taking place.
mormegil

I would like to see an expansion of the Middenland area, rather than being stuck only in Middenheim. Keep in mind that although the Companion might give an overview of MIddenland, that does not mean that the adventure book will not showcase Middenheim. After all Bogenhafen will be part of Adventure book.