2nd portent of Amul ??

The enemy lurks in shadows
davian

The spell The 2nd portent of Amul on page249 states for an effect "Gain +SL Fortune Points. For every +2SL gain +1 additional Fortune point. I am having a bit of trouble understanding this. Could someone clarify? Do you get +SL fortune points and +1 for every +2sl? Or is it a typo? So dies this mean at a CN of 6 and i get 10SL do i get the 10 fortune points plus 2 more?

Thanks for your help.
easl

Reading it as written, the progression would go like this:
1 SL = 1 point
2 SL = 3 points
3 SL = 4 points
4 SL = 6 points
5 SL = 7 points
6 SL = 9 points
etc...
Every SL gives you a point. The even SLs give you an extra.
FasterThanJesus

I agree with your interpretation. I do find it a little odd, but that's how it's written.
macd21

Based on what a dev said about this, the +2SL entry is supposed to be an overcast option.
Hyarion

If the casting number is 6, and you rolled 10 SL, then for the purposes of "how many bonus fortune points do I get?" I believe you only get +4 SLs worth of bonus fortune according to @easl's post. Am I understanding that right?
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
easl

Hyarion wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:43 am If the casting number is 6, and you rolled 10 SL, then for the purposes of "how many bonus fortune points do I get?" I believe you only get +4 SLs worth of bonus fortune according to @easl's post. Am I understanding that right?
*IF* you want to cast it in one round using Language (magick), then yes that's correct. If you channel it, then the 'CN6' means you must achieve 6 successes with your Channelling rolls (this may take several turns). On the round after your channeling totals 6 successes, you cast the spell using Language (magick) as if it had a CN of 0. In that case, if you got +10 SL on your Language (magick) roll, you'd get all +10 SLs worth of bonuses. See first two paragraphs on p237.