Solkan: Lawful God of Vengeance and Retribution

Post your scenarios, house rules, supplements, and anything else here
Sword of Solkan

Evening, all.

If you're playing in my WFRP game in Northfields, then please don't read any further.

Everyone else, I've written up some background and rules with my thoughts on how the Cult of Solkan might operate in 4th edition and a couple of handouts for use in my campaign.

Let me know if you have any comments, suggestions etc:

The Cult of Solkan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fMU ... sp=sharing
The Blessing of Solkan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10uT ... sp=sharing
The Words of the Law: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zm_ ... sp=sharing
Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man.
KarlFranzImperius

A fellow Solkanite, huh? These are awesome. I include the Gods of Law in my games, and this adds on really well with what I already had; if anything these are better.

One suggestion you might like: Solkan is said to wield a brilliant silver scythe against Khorne during a war they fought. I incorporate the scythe as a prominent symbol of Solkan for that reason, because just like a scythe to wheat he smites indiscriminately, felling any and all who wrong him or the law itself.

If you ever plan to cook up full stuff for the others, I've got some structures in mind for Alluminas and his cult. If you're ever interested, just let me know. The Gods of Law are seriously underappreciated and it's great to see other people who take a deep interest in them.
Knight of the Lady

Just want to thank you for taking the time to write this material.

I will confess that personally I am not interested in the Gods of Law concept but I can see the use of a Solkan as a minor deity regardless, in my take on the Warhammer setting. But who knows, with more good material coming out regarding the Gods of Law I may change my mind.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

KarlFranzImperius wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm One suggestion you might like: Solkan is said to wield a brilliant silver scythe against Khorne during a war they fought. I incorporate the scythe as a prominent symbol of Solkan for that reason, because just like a scythe to wheat he smites indiscriminately, felling any and all who wrong him or the law itself.
Perhaps Solkan could have a daemon that sorts the wheat from the chaff.
Sword of Solkan

Cheers for the replies. The Gods of Law are one of the things I find most interesting about the WFRP setting (and it’s a real shame that GW abandoned them so quickly). I’ll probably be writing a few more bits and pieces for my campaigns, and will be sure to post them here.

It’d also be great to set a fanbook off the ground, if others are interested in contributing? Although that might be a bit more of an epic undertaking.
KarlFranzImperius wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm One suggestion you might like: Solkan is said to wield a brilliant silver scythe against Khorne during a war they fought. I incorporate the scythe as a prominent symbol of Solkan for that reason, because just like a scythe to wheat he smites indiscriminately, felling any and all who wrong him or the law itself.
Advanced Heroquest, right?

Yeah, it would make complete sense for Solkan’s followers to use the scythe as a symbol. Especially in Remas. Guess that might well cause a bit of confusion in the Empire, both with the Amethyst College and the Cult of Ahalt the Drinker, so Solkanites there might not using it as prominently.
KarlFranzImperius wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm If you ever plan to cook up full stuff for the others, I've got some structures in mind for Alluminas and his cult. If you're ever interested, just let me know.
Sure, please do post them here. I’d definitely be interested in reading them.

I’ve got a few ideas of my own about Allumimas. Was thinking of using one of his Cults in my current campaign.
Knight of the Lady wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:04 am I will confess that personally I am not interested in the Gods of Law concept but I can see the use of a Solkan as a minor deity regardless, in my take on the Warhammer setting.
Sure, that’d certainly work as well. C.L. Werner uses Solkan in this way in some of his novels.

Personally, I quite like the idea that the part of the Law Pantheon that’s devoted to retribution and punishment has retained some support, while the parts that are about civilising the world and perfecting it by more positive means have atrophied away to nothing. That seems a natural fit for the Warhammer setting.
Sword of Solkan

Afternoon, chaps.

This one just came to me, thought I’d share it here as well:

“The night is darksome,
Chill and deep.
May Solkan guard thee
while you sleep.”

“The Witching Moon
Calls forth Old Night.
Solkan be thy shield
‘Til morning’s light.”

- Stirland children’s rhyme, some substitute Sigmar’s name for Solkan
tydirium

Cool work! I recently wrote an adventure (a big dungeon crawl) that contains some Solkan elements! Your work will come in handy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byrd2xjh9y869 ... 1.pdf?dl=0
~For the Empire!
Karanthir

Where is this originally from?
Sword of Solkan

That was definitely an inspiration - I read that on the old Strike to Stun forum!
Karanthir wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:23 am
Where is this originally from?
IIRC, it was an internal Games Workshop document from the early days of Warhammer, which one of the writers very generously shared online.
Karanthir

Ah cool. It's always interesting to read these sorts of things. And I have a soft spot for the old 40k Illuminati/Sensei stuff too.
Karanthir

Thanks Dreadaxe!
Silke

Like it, thanks :)