Welcome!

Talk about anything
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Good to see so many people here!

And TheWFRPCompanion, thanks for the Reddit post and your support! The WFRP community never ceases to amaze me.
Ralph

Hi there,

my name is Ralph, I'm from Germany and a 1st Edition WFRP player and GM for 30 years.

You may know me as Gotthart von Wittgenstein from the Strike-to-Stun community or as that Ralph who was part of the Bergsburg project way back.

I've experienced TEW as a player up to and including PbtT, then became a GM.

I've had a TEW campaign running for 15 years (lots of breaks due to people spending months abroad, but also because I combined DotR with The Restless Dead and provided my group with loads of extra adventures to deal with their personal, specific character backgrounds), which sadly went downhill after the end of PbtT due to internal quarreling. Still, it was an amazing group, and we had loads of great moments over the years.

I've tried a second run with TEW that went much quicker, so we came to the end of DotR just after two or three years, but then I had to end the game because of some personal developments I needed to fix, which took some time. Since then, some players have moved or are unavailable for other reasons, so that one is dead, too.

I've run Death's Dark Shadow as a complete campaign with another group. Being set in one single place, mostly, it was a completely different experience, but very nice and rewarding. I'd always intended to continue the campaign into Doomstones, but that never happened since two of my three players moved to another part of the country.

Writing this, I'm getting a strange feeling they are all running away from me, but that would be a very self-centered view, right? ^^

Now, I'm preparing for my third attempt to run (and finally finish!) TEW. I originally wanted to use 1st Edition again because I'm so comfortable with it, but Cube7 had me smiling and enjoying their Starter Set for 4th so much I've decided to give that a go first, trying out the new rules, and to wait for the rewritten 4th version of TEW to either run it as written if we like 4th or to take the parts I like and go with 1st again.

My new group consists of my wife, who has been a player in all my WFRP campaigns, my daughter, who has been a player in my second TEW campaign, and two friends, one of them a player in my first TEW campaign, the other with no WFRP experience whatsoever.

Obviously, I will have to change some of the story because of the veterans, so I'm really looking forward to the new "Director's Cut" for ideas, but I'm also taking other sources into account, among them "Empire at War" and the great TEW Compendium.

As a GM, one of my usual "tricks" is to provide a movie-like experience for each session, having a sort of "Last time on Warhammer" and a Main Credit sequence to set the mood. I'm very careful with my selection of background music, which is very often specifically selected for certain scenes. Characters, regular NPCs, and ongoing plots get their own themes, for example. Beyond that, we use dimmed light and/or candles.

Every player gets a folder for their sheets, containing world info and rule summaries. Ingame I try to provide good and interesting handouts, sometimes artificially aged by coffee, and similar stuff.

For combat, I use standard miniatures and either enlarged original location maps or handdrawn new ones. My Castle Wittgenstein map consists of three combined DIN A0 sheets of paper. For massive combat scenes, we use the standard sized tabletop board to provide enough space for everyone plus maps, but for standard sessions, our simple living room desk suffices.

Thanks for creating this forum and for having me. Let me know if you've got any questions.
Clint

Yo, I never was part of Strike To Stun, but I had been looking for a wfrp forum for a while, so this is perfect :)
Makrakken

Rolf Makrakken/Abe Sapien from StS here.

Big thanks to Chuck for setting this up. And for using tried & trusted Forums as opposed to new-fangled reddits & Discords & bears, oh my!
Theo

Ralph wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:01 am Hi there,

my name is Ralph, I'm from Germany and a 1st Edition WFRP player and GM for 30 years. /.../

Now, I'm preparing for my third attempt to run (and finally finish!) TEW. I originally wanted to use 1st Edition again because I'm so comfortable with it, but Cube7 had me smiling and enjoying their Starter Set for 4th so much I've decided to give that a go first, trying out the new rules, and to wait for the rewritten 4th version of TEW to either run it as written if we like 4th or to take the parts I like and go with 1st again.
Cool. Are you the same Ralph I talked to on the WFRP Game Masters Facebook group? :)
Ralph

I think so. :)
Grim Dork

Hey gang!

I'm just another grim WFRP refugee trying to find a home on the net.

This place looks promising!
I've been called a grim bastard once or twice in my life.

Check me out on Twitter if you want: https://twitter.com/jaredsheth
FasterThanJesus

Hey!

Should have posted here before spamming the rest of the boards!

WFRP v1 (and wargaming and painting) were among the ways I mispent my youth. I posted a lot on the old Black Industries forums but didn't get much gaming in during that period.

I picked my brushes up for the first time in nearly 20 years earlier this year and the next thing I discover that WFRP has risen from the (literal) ashes of the Old World. Now I'm hoping to reprise another chunk of my teen years with TEW Directors Cut.

Sad to see STS go. I didn't post there much, but it was a great resource. Any links to what happened? But good to see there's still a community.
Orin J.

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm Sad to see STS go. I didn't post there much, but it was a great resource. Any links to what happened? But good to see there's still a community.
there was a change to the laws regarding sites that maintain user data, and server goddess couldn't wrangle the mess of old code into shape for it without stealing tzeentch's nose in the process. such is life these days.
Overlord

So hello there. I also gonna stick here and Say "Hello"... ahhh never mind BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
FasterThanJesus

Hi Overlord. Welcome
Angelman

Hey all!

It seems I have forgotten to introduce myself. Well, I’m Angelman – same handle & profile pic as from the StS forum (‘cause change is an act of Tzeentch worship!). I first encountered the Warhammer setting back in boxing week of 1991, having gotten HeroQuest for Christmas and started playing that pretty religiously. Sometime the following year, I showed that game to a friend at school, who went:
Him: “Wait a minute! That gargoyle you have there; that’s the friggin’ Greater Demon of Khorne, that is!”
Me: "The what now?" I replied.
Him: "Come back with me after school and I'll show you!"

The following weekend I played my first WFRP session, and the weekend after that I GMed my first game (and with no proper grasp on the setting yet I just invented my own stuff; basically, there were a bunch of islands with each claimed by one of the major WFRP species, and the adventurers had to hop from island to island to collect stuff for a magic arrow – arrowhead from the dwarves, shaft from the elves, fletching from the hobbits [i.e. hobbit feet hair nonetheless] etc. In the end they had to shoot a Chaos Warrior with it to avert some doom or other – pretty daft stuff, but hey! I had just turned 15 at the time so cut me some slack, will’yah? ;) ).

Since 1991, I’ve played a LOT of WFRP. It just might be my most played game (with Star Wars & Call of Cthulhu coming up close behind). I “grew” up with WFRP1 (and even got a couple of pieces published in Warpstone back in the day), switched to WFRP2 when that came out, checked out WFRP3 upon the FFG release and while I found the rules not to my taste I really liked some of the stuff they wrote – to this day I count The Witch’s Song as the best WFRP scenario ever written. Now I am about to close off a WFRP2 campaign that we’ve been running for a couple of years, and will delve into WFRP4 territory sometime next fall, Shallya willing.

Other than that, my RPG clout includes publishing for the Fading Suns space fantasy RPG. I like roleplaying games…

Nice to meet all y’all (again) :)

Best wishes,
Angelman

“And the rain sets in,
It’s the Angleman,
I’m deranged.
Cruise me, cruise me, cruise me, babe.”
--David Bowie, I’m Deranged
Last edited by Angelman on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyarion

Angelman! So glad you found your way here! As someone who has always liked your creative, thought provoking posts, I am glad to see you here. We're a better community for it.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Angelman

Wow! That was some sweet endorsement, Hyarion! :D Thank you <3
doc_cthulhu

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm Hey!

Should have posted here before spamming the rest of the boards!
The same! ^____^

doc_cthulhu / Lauri Maijala here. Played WFRP a lot back in the 90s and in the beginning of 00s. Founder of the Daily Empire, and writer of some fan material some years ago. I was active on StS as well as FFG's forum.
The Daily Empire (source for WFRP inspiration & material)
My hobby IG
My Legophotography
Arnizipal

I wasn't aware there was an introduction thread so sorry for posting in the other forums already :oops:

I'm Arnizipal, and I use this handle on just about any forum I frequent (from Warseer to DakkaDakka to the Warhammer Total War forums).
I've been GM'ing Warhammer Roleplay for over two decades, starting with 1st edition in the late 1990's.
I was a frequent contributor to the Black Industries forums during WFRP 2nd edition. Never played 3rd edition.

Took a long break to play D&D 5th edition, and now me and my party are giving WFRP 4th edtion a try.
We've just wrapped up the Making the Rounds introduction scenario and I'm currently preparing the Heart of Glass adventure.
FasterThanJesus

Hi. Things seem a bit busier in here of late :)

I'd like to know what you make of playing Heart of Glass. I've read through all the Ubersreik Adventures and that was the one I really wasn't sure about. It reads well, but it is very railroaded and feels like it's a big adventure compressed down too small.
Zisse

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:19 am Hi. Things seem a bit busier in here of late :)

I'd like to know what you make of playing Heart of Glass. I've read through all the Ubersreik Adventures and that was the one I really wasn't sure about. It reads well, but it is very railroaded and feels like it's a big adventure compressed down too small.
Welcome from my side, to.
May I suggest to create a separate thread in the WFRP 4 subforum for Heart of Glass?
Le Passant

Hello,

I don't know if an introduction is mandatory here but, eyh...

I'm Passant and I'm French. I was already lurking in the shadows in the previous incarnation of this forum, so I thought I might as well say Hi. I know it by KalevalaHammer, and follow both for years now.

I'm not frankly a veteran RPG player nor gamemaster, though I played quite a lot to things like 007 and Lord of the Rings some 20 years before, and some custom RPG in the universe written by a friend some years before.
I started to take interest in Warhammer Battle in the late 90's, and quickly realized that the lore was far more interesting to me than the game itself. So when a new edition for WFRP was released (WFRP2) I bought everything I could. Never touched WFRP3, but have two of the books, which I honestly find uninteresting.
Currently playing an online campaign with some friends, in Araby. They don't know the Warhammer World, but accepted because I tortur...encouraged them. It was made easier by the fact that they are forc...happy to see me developing some fan stuff for WFRP2 which I hope I could share a revised version soon.

Oh, and my English is bad, but I try, so please don't sacrifice me to the Dark Gods. :cry:
Overlord

Le Passant wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 am Oh, and my English is bad, but I try, so please don't sacrifice me to the Dark Gods. :cry:
Yeeeesss... right, away... Anything for the Dark Powers
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.