Ghosts of nonhumans

For general discussions about WFRP
Valvorik

Are there any WFRP sources (any edition) for ghosts of dwarfs or other nonhumans?

The ghosts I can recall from various scenarios are usually human.

I ask because I'm thinking of an encounter with a murdered dwarf's ghost (rather much like the scenarios in Restless Dead redone in the 4th Edition companion to Enemy in Shadows).

I"m inclined to just go ahead and create the encounter but like to respect canon where I can.

Rob
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

There’s a dwarf ghost in Empire in Flames I think.
Valvorik

Thank you Sir

I looked it up and yes there is Khanna, a neutral ghost of the sort I was wanting to use.

Excellent.
FasterThanJesus

Chuck wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:29 pm There’s a dwarf ghost in Empire in Flames I think.
If I remember correctly, one was a 'friendly' NPC but were there also wights and wraiths, too? A dwarf liche, also. I wonder how that will be changed in the reboot?
dry_erase

There was a dwarf ghost in Doomstones: Death Rock - Yazeran is quite a major character in fact.
Orin J.

FasterThanJesus wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:41 pm
Chuck wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:29 pm There’s a dwarf ghost in Empire in Flames I think.
If I remember correctly, one was a 'friendly' NPC but were there also wights and wraiths, too? A dwarf liche, also. I wonder how that will be changed in the reboot?
i think you're thinking of the dragon crag book. which was kind of.......shoddy in regards to the lore. shallyan dwarfs and such.

anyways, in regards to the OP, dwarf ghosts have happened in the lore in a number of sources but they all followed the same formula. 1: they were unable to move on because their body was desecrated. 2: they couldn't interact with objects, only speak and sometimes affect the spirits of the living 3: they asked the heroic group in question to lay them to rest properly so they could move on instead of asking to avenge them, unless one required the other. hope that helps.
Valvorik

The Empire in Flames has dwarf spectre and wraiths though likely due to activity of a necromancer, and another more neutral (insane) ghost Wulfan Merglord ("it's full of stars").

The 'naturally arising' ghosts do appear to follow the formula above.

The dwarf undead such as spectre and wraiths in Karak Azgal seem to have their own logic - unlike "human" wights for example supposed to be animated by their "evil wills", the dwarf wights are there out of 'duty beyond death' etc., which I agree is a bit "offside" - it looks like someone just wanted an undead fest and didn't put enough thought into explaining a source of corruption or something to justify it.
Wolf

In Something Rotten in Kislev I seem to recall there is a dwarf ghost in the abandoned temple in The Beast Child adventure.

I also seem to recollect that the Felix and Gotrek short story The Dark Benesth the World finishes with the ghosts of the dead of Karak Eight Peaks avenging themselves on the goblins who have occupied their city.