Sillyhammer

For general discussions about WFRP
Hyarion

All good drama/action/thrillers make good use of lighter elements to help relieve tension before building it back up, good writers do the same thing. One of the things that makes Warhammer so delightful is that it includes those bits of whimsy and doesn't take itself too seriously. What are some things you folks include in your games?

I like to include:
IHHOP: The Imperial Halfling House of Pies, a chain of halfling pie vendors. Players can usually find one in almost every city.

Players buying rations can find tins of Spiced Pork And Mutton.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Knight of the Lady

Grail pilgrims as a kind of fotball fan clubs for their chosen grail knights, complete with hooligan behavior and rivalries with other bands of grail pilgrims

And once our group, I wasn't the GM, went to Würtbad in Stirland to spend an evening watching "Stirland Pro Wrestling" games. Pretty fun session. :)
Orin J.

any use of the "gossip" skill results in learning at least eight new pieces of information. that some of them are "th' pigs in ol' von bruner's lands are secretly beastmen 'n formenting revolt, that's why his farms is able to grow 'em so big" and "the elves in the city are royal spies, no normal person could be clean- even an elf person!" is to be expected and up to the player to discern what's nonsense and what's useful.

(both of these hints were the actual relavent ones when i actually used 'em)
hallucyon

Hyarion wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 pm All good drama/action/thrillers make good use of lighter elements to help relieve tension before building it back up, good writers do the same thing. One of the things that makes Warhammer so delightful is that it includes those bits of whimsy and doesn't take itself too seriously. What are some things you folks include in your games?
In my game the biggest private financial entity in the Empire is the Lehman Brüder Bank, operating through numerous branches in all cities and major towns, famous for its reliability.
Hyarion

Nice ones, KnightOfTheLady, Orin, and Hallucyon. Which reminds me, if the players ever need a lawyer, there's always the Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.
Braddoc

I'm stealing that Grail Pilgrim Hooligan idea; perfect for that tourney happening in Bogenhafen during the Harverst Festival (aka the Schaffenfest from EiS). Even if there's some 'fun' events planned for that Festival, what with Stevesdores filling in for the Watch, and the local 'hillbilly' family always causing trouble, it's gonna be intresting, or worse case, it'll end up with gunshots, deaths, and lots of chases.

Also, Terrible Thingrim's Torture Trove; not open to the public, no sign, but still well known with the Templars of Sigmar and for those who know of him.
Iltherion

Since Warhammer takes some inspiration from Monty Python already, maybe there can be a theater where the local orchestra is performing a new symphony by Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern Splendenschlitter Krasskrembonfrieddigger Dingle Dangle Dongle Dungle Burstein von Knackerthrasher Apfelbanger Horowitz Tikolensik Granderknotty Spelltinkel Grandlich Grumblemeyer Spelterwasser Kurstlich Himble Eisenbahnwagen Gutenabend Bitteeine Middenheimer Bratwurstle Gersputen mit Zweimach Luberhundsfut Gumberaber Schonendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittleracher von Hautkopf of Nuln.

And there is some enchantment on the guy that compels everyone who starts speaking or writing or printing his name to finish. Flyers advertising said musical performance are about ten times longer than usual...
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Not to be confused with ...
Iltherion

Ok, I'll bite.

Johann Gambolputty, something, something, Nuremburger Bratwurstle, yada yada yada, of Ulm.
Orin J.

here now, you mean John Gableputty de Vonnasfern splendid shitter crabs-on-fried-cabbage dingdingdong Burstien von knickers-slasher apple turnover Hierowitz tikity-tick Ganderknotty Spittinkel Grandlich Gossemongler Speterweissen Himmel Estibon working Gottenbuad Kick-his-knee Middenheimer Brutwurstle Gerptien Zippity Lumberbhurger Scholgenheimer Kalpsbach von Hautkopf of Nuln, don't you?
Hyarion

No, I think he meant Johann Gambolspackle de von Osfelt Splendenschlitter Krasskrembonfrieddigger Dingle Dongle Dangle Dungle Barstein von Knackerthrasher Apfelbanger Horowitz Tikolensist Grandestknotty Spelltinkel Grandlich Grumblemeyer Spelterwasser Kurstlich Hamble Autobahnwagen Gutenabend Bitteeine Middenheimer Andouille Gersputen mit Zweimach Luberhundsfut Gumberaber Schonendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittleracher von Hatkopft of Nuln.
Braddoc

As long as it's not that Hochlander playright with his love for Moose..
Rangdo

Morgenstadt Halbmond.
Knight of the Lady

I like this thread so here's another post.

Its idea I had for Bretonnia. Not sure I ran with it or not, but I recall it anyway.

The idea is that of a god-merchant. Namely a merchant who trades in gods. So if your harvest is crap, he can get you a better Rhya (or more to it, a cult image, but peasants may or may not know the difference) which will grant a better harvest than the old one. All for a fair price, of course. He isn't above paying people to steal/kidnapp gods/images that he thinks he can get a good price for either.
Overlord

A crappy travelling merchant who dont have anything usefull but he is so good smooth talker that he sell You his crap anyway.

An old dwarf (longbeard) in red coat traveling with his human friend who have red nose from too much drinking, but he is great as coachman drunk or not also great shooter - better when he is not drunk :). They are local mail delivery service. (Its Christmas soon so...) ^^
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
Wolf

Knight of the Lady wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 pmHe isn't above paying people to steal/kidnapp gods/images that he thinks he can get a good price for either.
I’ve always thought the Dragon Warriors adventure, A Box of Old Bones, could, with a little work, be successfully converted to a good WFRP adventure.
Knight of the Lady

Wolf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:20 pm
Knight of the Lady wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 pmHe isn't above paying people to steal/kidnapp gods/images that he thinks he can get a good price for either.
I’ve always thought the Dragon Warriors adventure, A Box of Old Bones, could, with a little work, be successfully converted to a good WFRP adventure.
I'm afraid I haven't heard of this adventure. What's it about?
Hyarion

I found this http://fabledlands.blogspot.com/2016/12 ... relic.html
I don't know if that's the same thing that Wolf had in mind. I have only skimmed the intro as far as content (but I plan to do so sometime this week).
Knight of the Lady

Hyarion wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:13 pm I found this http://fabledlands.blogspot.com/2016/12 ... relic.html
I don't know if that's the same thing that Wolf had in mind. I have only skimmed the intro as far as content (but I plan to do so sometime this week).
Thanks!
Iltherion

Here's a verse of parody that I came up with. Maybe some bard might perform it in a seedy tavern somewhere... This is to the tune of Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles.

Kurgan Ironbeard, dwarf by orc and goblin feared
Fought the greenskin horde.
But the dwarfen lord was then captured, oh, oh-oh, oh.
Sigmar, human chief, came to Ironbeard's relief,
Fought to set him free.
For this service he received Ghal Mara-a-a-az.
So dwarfs and humans fought as allies
Against the greenskin horde.
Bang, bang! Sigmar's gold warhammer came down upon their head!
Bang, bang! Sigmar's gold warhammer made sure that they were dead!