The Enemy Within: a Companion

A small but vicious board
Gideon

There is a new update to this project. The Phase Five material, covering Empire in Flames, is available here:

https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... mpanion-5/
Ralph

Thanks for keeping this up. I'm so excited to run TEW again, though I'll wait for the new 4E version. I plan to testrun 4E with the Ubersreik mini campaign from the new Starter Set. If it works out, I'll use 4E for TEW and incorporate the 1E version and all the fan stuff I like (including yours, of course) into the new 4E version. If it fails (I like my rules easy and fast) I'll go with 1E rules again and just use the original campaign combined with fan stuff and incorporate 4E's new story ideas I like. We'll see. Whichever way it goes, thanks again for putting so much work into it and to keep it coming. Excellent idea to handle "Empire at War" seperately, too.
Karanthir

Thanks so much for this. Your work on TEW is truly inspirational!

However, I'm getting a 'Something went wrong' page from your link to the handouts for The Empire at War. Maybe it's just my computer though...
Gideon

Karanthir wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 am I'm getting a 'Something went wrong' page from your link to the handouts for The Empire at War. Maybe it's just my computer though...
I just checked and it works for me. If you can't get to it directly, you can navigate from the other OneDrive links: the folder is called TEW Handouts.
Theo

Thanks again. This work is the main reason I'm playing tabletop RPGs again after 13 years. :)
skerrigan

I have to admit, I do have a soft spot for Empire in Flames (although the original synopsis you posted looks like it could've been much better). The lack of any thread relating to the original Emperor in EiF was always a bit odd. I like what you added, and I think it is highly unlikely C7's Directors Cut will retain anything like EiF's original structure. So, great job!
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
munkholt

Thank you.
mormegil

Thank you a lot for your effort. As mentioned above, I would be very interested to see your thoughts for the Director's Cut version. Definitely your job is outstanding!
Graak

Just finished reading part V: amazing job, I'm a big fan of your work! !!

Thanks for sharing it!

Edit:

PS: does the look-alike plot hook get developed in the Companion? Probably I missed that part if so...
I think let that falling to nothing it's one of the biggest writing mistake of the whole TEW
Karanthir

Gideon wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 am
Karanthir wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 am I'm getting a 'Something went wrong' page from your link to the handouts for The Empire at War. Maybe it's just my computer though...
I just checked and it works for me. If you can't get to it directly, you can navigate from the other OneDrive links: the folder is called TEW Handouts.
Thanks. For some reason I can navigate to it, then copy+paste that url to a new tab and it loads fine, but if I click the link on the blog it doesn't load. The oddities of modern technology!
Gideon

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.
Theo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 amThis work is the main reason I'm playing tabletop RPGs again after 13 years. :)
Well, I'm glad it's had a positive efffect! I'm very much enjoying reading through your campaign write-up. It sounds as though it's going well.
Graak wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 amDoes the look-alike plot hook get developed in the Companion?
There is some material in Phase Three (On the Road, Welcome Home, Paper Trail, pp101-104, 108 in the 7th edition). It mainly tries to wrap up the thread, rather than expand it, as that was my general approach in the Companion.
Gideon

The final parts of the 7th edition are now available for download:

https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... mpanion-6/
Knight of the Lady

Is it just me who find it amusing there are more editions of the fan companion to a campaign than there is for the core rule system? :)
TheWFRPCompanion

Hey, awesome work as always. Just to reiterate what I've said on the subreddit, because I know you don't check it too much I am more than happy to help out and turn this into a single PDF though there is a few errors to sort and some preparation you could do to make it straightforward for me to turn it into a PDF and keep the page numbers synchronised with the PDF's page numbers.

I've written it all down here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/warhammerfanta ... e/#efnmizb

This link here is where you can find it done already, with the errors in it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZuqw1 ... ZE---/view

When I upload a fixed version that file on the link will change, but I won't need to update the link.
Gideon

TheWFRPCompanion wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:21 am Hey, awesome work as always. Just to reiterate what I've said on the subreddit, because I know you don't check it too much I am more than happy to help out and turn this into a single PDF though there is a few errors to sort and some preparation you could do to make it straightforward for me to turn it into a PDF and keep the page numbers synchronised with the PDF's page numbers.

I've written it all down here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/warhammerfanta ... e/#efnmizb

This link here is where you can find it done already, with the errors in it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZuqw1 ... ZE---/view

When I upload a fixed version that file on the link will change, but I won't need to update the link.
Hi. See my reply on Reddit.
Gideon

Knight of the Lady wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:41 am Is it just me who find it amusing there are more editions of the fan companion to a campaign than there is for the core rule system? :)
:)
Gideon

Gideon wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 am The final parts of the 7th edition are now available for download:

https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... mpanion-6/
I have updated this post to make available a download of the entire Companion in a single PDF.

Thanks to Abelthorne and TheWFRPCompanion for combining the separate PDFs into a single file.
hallucyon

Is fleur macabre (TEWAC, p. 203) the name of a real plant?
Gideon

hallucyon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am Is fleur macabre (TEWAC, p. 203) the name of a real plant?
I don't think so. It was just a desperate invention!
hallucyon

Gideon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 am
hallucyon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am Is fleur macabre (TEWAC, p. 203) the name of a real plant?
I don't think so. It was just a desperate invention!
Perhaps a desperate invention but a good one. Thank you for the reply.