Questions about Lore and rules of Warhammer

The enemy lurks in shadows
andrevieiramkt

Greetings!
I got some doubts maybe you guys can help me:

- Is there some king of fast-burning fuel in the Warhammer universe?
- Shroud of Invisibility (Lore of Shadows magic): How large can objects be for this magic to hide them? If the magic is used on a cloth, do things underneath or wrapped by the cloth also disappear? For example, if I use the magic on a curtain, does the hidden door behind the curtain also disappear?

thanks
Hyarion

That depends on what you mean by 'Fast-burning fuel' If you mean something combustible/explosive approaching gasoline or rocket fuel, then I would say no. If you mean something a bit slower like tar/pitch/bitumen/natural petroleum then I would say yes (dependent on rarity).

Regarding Shroud of Invisibility, the rules don't say, so it's probably up to your GM. Speaking for myself, I would probably impose a difficulty modifier to the spell if the object in question was overly large (like a house or ship). I would say that anything *inside* of the object would be rendered invisible, but not anything *under* or merely wrapped up in the object. To your examples, a curtain would make the door visible, but would still interfere with anybody trying to walk through the door. An object wrapped in a cloth would be visible through the invisible cloth, but something in a bag would be invisible along with the bag.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
andrevieiramkt

Thanks for answer.

Another question: Can Wizards automatically recognize another Wizard using second sight? Or does one Wizard only reveal himself to another WHEN he is using magic?
Or, in other words, are the winds of magic always "on" in Wizards?
Hyarion

Again, this is probably up to your GM and how they want to run things. But I can answer how I would run it.

A wizard using their Second Sight might be able to see how the winds bend and collect around an individual but probably wouldn't be able to discern why the winds are collecting around that individual. Maybe someone is just close to death, so Shyish might be 'clinging' to them, or because they're a purple wizard, but it would be a guess.

Also, it's possibly a wizard with Second Sight would be able to see the differences between different winds, but without training and education or prior exposure, might not be able to identify the wind in question with any degree of specificity. If you've never seen Aqshy before, you might mistake it for another one of the winds.

Hope that helps.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.