Recommended starting area

The enemy lurks in shadows
Varulv

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum, so a quick introduction. For the last eight years or so I have been a referee (GM) in Mongoose Traveller 2e, but lately I have started to feel an urge to be GM in a fantasy game. I have looked through all my old books, Rolemaster, Fantasy Hero, Runequest etc. but nothing clicked.

Years ago, I was a player in WFRP (must have been 1st edition) and I really liked the game and have now decided to give it a go. I’m about to order the core rulebook from Cubicle 7, but I would like to order something more while am at it. I’m not ready to jump straight into The Enemy Within campaign, instead I would like to start out with something smaller.

Are there any recommended starting areas, or a good source/campaign/adventure book that the good people on the forum can recommend?

(All players are experienced role-players but new to WFRP, one of the players are familiar with the Old World through the Total War series.)
Zisse

I recommend the starter set.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Take them through Night of Blood, it’s a great intro to the setting.
Varulv

Thank you both, Ubersreik seems to be a really good starting place. And Night of blood on the road getting there.

Another newbie question: Does Cubicle 7 offer free pdf download when you buy the physical book at the local game store? With proof of purchase of course.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

I think you have to see if your local store is part of the "Bits and Mortar" program: https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/publishers/cubicle-7
Varulv

Thank you!
FasterThanJesus

I agree with Chuck, and I think it's a free download.

It's also a good starter for The Enemy Within, but that's a bit of a commitment if you're still making your mind up.