Foundry vtt or Roll20

The enemy lurks in shadows
FitFitNitMin

Starting a 4e wfrp campaign and wondered about using foundry instead of roll20 this time.

Is it worth changing?
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

FoundryVTT is a personal favorite of mine, I've backed it on Patreon for years. Moo man has done an amazing job with the WFRP support -- I can't recommend it highly enough. I've run The Enemy Within campaign through Death on the Reik on Foundry.

Dice So Nice is an invaluable mod, which allows for 3D dice rolls right on the canvas. Dice Tray is very nice too.
FitFitNitMin

Cheers, will give it a try
Is there a good tutorial and should I downloan all the updates or stick with basic model?
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

I think the wfrp4e module is up to date with the newest version of Foundry. You'll need to purchase the wfrp4e core at least, and I recommend the free Token Action HUD WFRP 4e which allows you to make rolls straight from the canvas heads-up display instead of double clicking on your character sheet every time.

Foundry basics are covered in this article, but it's a little out of date. I'd recommend searching for a recent youtube tutorial that covers version 11.
Hyarion

The deciding factor for me is how much homebrew mechanics you want to introduce. Foundry is absolutely fantastic, but I was not able to change/introduce as much as I wanted so I ultimately had to let it go.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
yoroba

I have been very happy with Foundry (came from roll20). A bit expensive, but worth it, if you have the money to spend.
The level of support and the amount of quality mods is fantastic. Also, people on their discord server are always happy to help.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Hyarion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:19 pm The deciding factor for me is how much homebrew mechanics you want to introduce. Foundry is absolutely fantastic, but I was not able to change/introduce as much as I wanted so I ultimately had to let it go.
If you want to customize things, you need to know Javascript. Like, really know it. I fiddled around a bit but I'm not nearly skilled enough to add in the stuff I wanted. There are lots of mods for common stuff, but for custom stuff, you need to know how to code.