WFRP x AOS Soulbound

We’re not in the Old World any more
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Could any of the AOS Soulbound material be used in WFRP (first, second, third or fourth edition versions of the Warhammer world)?
Is there room in the AOS Soulbound universe for more WFRPesque type play?
Orin J.

not cleanly. WFRP is more "mud & blood" while the other one is more "wizard van art" about things. very hard to have the old grind in a setting where "a wizard fixed/caused everything, same as every week" is the norm.
HappyDaze

There are rules in the Soulbound core book for playing grim & perilous characters, but the game's scale isn't focused on that. While WFRP (2e & 4e are the ones I'm familiar with) give fine variations within the typical human range, in Soulbound, regular people are all crammed into a narrow range near the bottom (in order to make room for over-the-top heroic play). So, while Soulbound can be used for grim & perilous play, it's not really the best use of the its rules.
Hyarion

From my understanding, the statistics and game mechanics are very different. AoS reminded me of WhiteWolf WoD from a game mechanics perspective. If you wanted to bring AoS into WFRP or vice versa, I think you'd have to do a lot of work to convert adventures or just homebrew your own to approximate the feel.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
HappyDaze

Hyarion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:18 am From my understanding, the statistics and game mechanics are very different. AoS reminded me of WhiteWolf WoD from a game mechanics perspective. If you wanted to bring AoS into WFRP or vice versa, I think you'd have to do a lot of work to convert adventures or just homebrew your own to approximate the feel.
I feel that some of the Endeavours (downtime activities) from Soulbound might port over into WFRP 4e. There are some differences, of course, the key being that Soulbound are nascent mythic heroes rather than the everyman-with-hope of WFRP. While groups in either game might spend downtime gathering a horde of flagellents, the scale is likely to be quite different.