4t Ed Starter Kit - WS inconsistency?

The enemy lurks in shadows
MisterD

Hey folks, I hope you are doing fine!

I am about to GM my 1st Warhammer Roleplay game and I decided to start with the starter kit! Can't wait to start our first sess :D
However, reading though the combat rules, there was something I couldn't make my mind on.

To hit, characters need to make an opposed test to their WS. So far so good.
In the case of Salundra, her WS is 49. However, in her inventory in the starter kit character sheet, next to "Sword" there is Skill 62.
In the starter rule book, there is an exemple where she strikes using her 49 WS + 10 advantage, but no mention of the 62 anywhere.

For some other characters:
  • WS = skill under the weapons list (ex Molrella: 23 WS for a 23 skill on dagger and short sword)
    WS =! skill under the weapons list (ex Gunnar: 45 WS for a 60 skill on axe and dagger*)
What should we be using? Is there hidden stats I'm not seing?
Salundra.jpg
combat rules.png
macd21

So someone making a test roll would usually be rolling against their Attribute + skill. In the case of an attack with a sword, that would be WS + Melee (Basic). If they were attacking with a weapon they were not skilled in, they would just roll against their WS.

The starter kit - because it was a starter kit - didn’t provide all the details for the sample characters, so you’re not given her Melee (Basic) skill, just told the number to roll against.
MisterD

Thanks for the reply!

So if I understood you correctly, the pre generater characters sheets are voluntarily not displaying some stats (in this case Melee Basic) and we should be using the "raw" WS.

Why leaving the 62 skill under Weapons > Skills > Sword if it's not for using it? a lack of proof reading?
macd21

No, you should be using the 62. She has Melee (Basic), the character sheet just isn’t displaying it. Given she has WS 49, you can deduce that her Melee (Basic) is 13 (62 - 49).

The section where it says you should test against WS 49 + 10 seems to be in error, or at least is ignoring her Melee (Basic) skill.

I believe C7 posted complete character sheets somewhere, which show their full stats.