Capitaneus Fractus

The Enemy Within to come...

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 am

Hi,

I am a former "erudite" and player of the Warhammer world (Fantasy Battle from the 4th edition to the 6th one and Fantasy Roleplay to the 1st and 2nd edition) who've stopped his interest approximatively ten years ago, hence forgot quasi all of this knowledge. Nostalgia lead me to seek a bit on Warhammer, some month ago, and I ended into Awesome Lies, where there is a lot of pleasant readings:
- https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... ctors-cut/
- https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... ors-cut-2/

It was a really good surprise to see that there was a planned fourth edition of Fantasy Roleplay. But the news that Graeme Davis was directing a new edition of The Enemy Within campaign, of six volumes of 160 pages, completed by one companion each was very much pleasant and make me want to go back again on it.

And even to find again my files and to continue this map I've started to make, back then, in order to keep the same travel spirit for the whole campaign: http://maitre.du.monde.free.fr/Jdr/Warh ... ikland.png

How much pages will be the companions volumes? Will it be like for Middenheim: City of Chaos (96 pages)? I suppose that this one will stay the companion of the Power Behind the Throne.
Do we know? Can we presume?

So, I go back a bit to Warhammer fora.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.

Orin J.

Re: The Enemy Within to come...

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 am

we don't know, but andy law's method seems to be to 1:include everything they can at 2:pushing back the release date like a half-dozen times and cutting into the time they have to edit the finished material for quality. they're supposedly rewriting a fair amount of it, to boot.

mormegil

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 am

Plus, it seems that they will add more skaven into it.

Bungle

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 am

That map looks amazing. What is it, 5 miles to a hex?

Chuck
Site Admin

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 am

There is also this recent tidbit, from an interview with Graeme:
Graeme Davis wrote:The plan is for the entire campaign to be published within the year 2019.

To which I say, best of luck. We haven't even seen the print edition of the Starter Set yet, nor the pdf of Rough Nights and Hard Days. I'd be happy to see the first part of the new Enemy Within before the end of 2019. All 10-12 volumes? Hopefully before 2021.

skerrigan

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am

Half in 2019 and half in 2020 seems a massive leap in C7's output rate. It's a shame, as 2e had a massive output rate but low quality control as a whole, while the polar opposite seems to be true with C7. I want both. :D
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast

Capitaneus Fractus

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:18 am

Bungle wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 am
That map looks amazing. What is it, 5 miles to a hex?
It is the exact same scale as the one from Shadow Over Bögenhafen and Death on the Reik. I don't have those books under my hand, so I can't check, but you might perhaps.

If I'm remembering correctly, I did it, in order to represent all travels in the Empire, for The Enemy Within, with the same spirit as those of Death on the Reik, provided you replace Something Rotten in Kislev with The Dying of the Light or with Terror in Talabheim, as all major cities of the Empire are set in this projection.

I should also have the gazetteer, with the number of inhabitants, the economical resources, the guard, few notes, and if I was a bit serious the source.

I'll try to found it, in my old computer. I should be able to check that this evening.
Last edited by Capitaneus Fractus on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.

Capitaneus Fractus

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:11 pm

This was the Gazetteer: http://maitre.du.monde.free.fr/Jdr/Warh ... rtoire.htm
Alas, there was some "original work" (I did use the territory generator in WFRP1 rulebook to populate empty spaces as there was hardly any really precise map, official or fan made, for all part of this map, at that scale), and mention of sources aren't always clear to allow to always distinguish original work with sourced reference...

Return to “WFRP 4th Edition”